Sunday, September 11, 2011

Whew!

This weekend really flew by quickly!

I had my last team in training run before the race next week. I am thinking I need to invest in a hat before sunday. I am going to check out the local running store and hope that they have something that I like. I really do not like wearing hats but I am worried the sun will be too bright in my eyes!

The rest of the day was a lot of fun, I got to eat delicious penne vodka at the baby shower. Also the cake was delicious, I am usually not one for whipped cream icing but this kind was great! Also the cake was jungle themed and adorable so that helped the delicious factor!

Also I got to see Group Love perform down in Philly. I am not a huge fan of theirs but they were a lot of fun to watch in concert. The lead singer was dancing a lot and it was quite entertaining. Dinner was pretty delicious also--a fried chicken sandwich w green tomatoes and a chocolate strawberry milkshake-super yum!
Today I was at work all day long, so it feels quite nice to sit now. I am about ready to curl up in bed with a book.
hopefully the book will prevent me from having freaky waitressing dreams!

I'll take the dream I had last night,
And put it in my freezer,
So someday long and far away,
When I'm an old grey greezer,
I'll take it out and thaw it out,
This lovely dream I've frozen,
And boil it up and sit me down
And dip my old cold toes in.
~Shel Silverstein, "Frozen Dream," A Light in the Attic

No comments:

Post a Comment