Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy Bee

This weekend was a great one, and also one that I didnt have time to slow down and relax. It was a long day at work on friday. On Saturday it was my cousin's baby shower. It was a lot of fun to see family and all the cute baby clothes. Seriously though everyone I know is having a boy, I would really just like to buy some sparkly clothes and tutus, but I think it would be better if I wait for someone to have a girl before I do that! ;)
After the shower I went back to college for the night for homecoming. I had to park in a field down by the game and I decided just to pull in since it was after half time at this point. Well somehow I ended up on a small, but very steep hill. I thought my car was going to flip over (I still dont think i overreacted, it was super scary) Fortuantly when I got out there was a nice couple nearby who helped me steer my car off the scary hill. It was a very weird experience. I also kind of freaked out driving across a bridge the other day. I had a weird feeling like I was never going to stop going up. I am still not sure about that one.
Once I got into the game it was fun to watch with friends. My friend's little brother is on the team so after the game we hung out a tailgated w her dad and grandmom while we waited for him to come out. We also got to eat lots of delicious foods!
It was fun but also very chillly!

Then we went back to my friend's apartment to hang out until it was time to go out to the bars. Once we made it out it was crazy crowded, and definitely felt like we were in college again-except that everyone looked way younger than us haha We had a lot of fun dancing and singing until it was time to go home. We even ran into a few friends who were also up to visit!
Also we got honey mustard chicken pizza at the end of the night. That might be my favorite part of being back in college-at least at the end of the night when I feel starving haha 
On Sunday we went dress shopping with another friend so I had a quick trip home and met her at the dress store. She tried on so many beautiful gowns and looked gorgeous in all of them. We had a lot of fun picking out dresses and seeing how they looked on her. It didnt sound like she found "the dress" that day but got some ideas on what she liked. It was fun to hang out with her and her family, we had a nice time shopping. Also I think we found the bridesmaid dresses, she wants them in black and they have pockets! 
After a quick lunch at Panera Bread I had to head over to work. It wasnt too busy of a night, I got stuck waiting around for dishes to come out a the dishroom. I was exhausted and it felt like such a waste of time. Everntually I got out of there and crashed into bed! Time to head out for a run now, my legs are a bit achy and its chilly outside--hopefully I make it! 

“When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net. When did it stop being fun and start being scary?”--Sex and the City 

No comments:

Post a Comment